bethzylla: (FFD2012)
Yesterday was the guild's 5th annual Georgian Picnic.  I had such a fun time!  The weather was darn near perfect - sunny, dry, and warm.  Well, maybe just a touch too warm, but everyone seemed to take that in stride.  We had a good turnout from our regulars, and some new folks from the Jane Austen society joined us too!  There was a lot of good food, drinks, and conversation.  It was a really great way to spend the afternoon!

I wore my chemise a la reine.  I was pretty short on time so making a new dress was out, and this is only the second time wearing the CalR.  It ended up being a good choice since the day was so warm!  The last time I wore it, my stays kept peeking out around the neckline so I trimmed them down hoping to prevent that this time.  Well...it was better.  Now they only show through at the sides of the back.  *eyeroll*  I think it's about time to retire these stays anyway, and next time I'll be more mindful of the straps and neckline (not to mention the color!)

Click here for new accessories and picnic photos! )
bethzylla: (Default)
My latest millinery creation was made with mostly thrifted and repurposed materials.  I did buy the ribbon decorations, but all said and done I think this hat cost me about $25. 


Pics here! )
bethzylla: (Default)
I'm going to take a second to organize my thoughts here.  I've got a lot to do in the next few days, so keeping it organized will really help my sanity.  LOL


Lists! )
bethzylla: (Default)
I just wasted a few hours cutting and sewing a shift that turned out too small for me.  I made a really dumb math error, which led to the shoulders being too narrow.  I caught that in time and pieced in some fabric to fix it, but I didn't account for the fact that the same error would also make it too small in the boobs.  I'm not talking 'Oh, that's a bit too snug.'  This is 'seams straining, smash your boobs flat and still can't pull the shift all the way down' too small. 

Now I have to decide if it's worth it to pick apart my flat-felled seams and piece in some more fabric or if it would be better for my sanity to call it a wash and start over.  All that it lacks at this point is a hem and neckline casing...but picking apart felling?  Yikes.  Not the ideal way to spend the afternoon.  Maybe I'll work on my petticoat for a while and avoid the issue.  LOL

ETA: Thanks for the support ladies!  Just knowing I'm not the only one who's goofed up a 'simple' project like this makes me feel so much better.  I decided to redo the body (this was after I made a mistake cutting off the the problem areas...maybe today just wasn't my day for sewing!)  I was able to salvage the sleeves though, so that saved time.  Now I just need to wiggle into my stays so I can mark the 'real' neckline.  I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Profile

bethzylla: (Default)
bethzylla

September 2016

S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
2526272829 30 

Syndicate

RSS Atom

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 24th, 2017 02:58 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios